Recognized as a safe and effective wrinkle-reversing treatment, FDA-approved Dysport serves as an alternative to Botox, Xeomin and Jeuveau. While working similar to Botox, in many cases, Dysport may provide a quicker result that may also last a little longer then with Botox.
If you would like to experience the beautifying results of Dysport for yourself, please contact Miami Skin and Vein today by completing the form on this page or calling 786-618-5039 to schedule a consultation with our experienced physician, Dr. Shaun Patel. We welcome patients from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables, Florida.
What Is Dysport?
Formerly known as Reloxin, Dysport is the first FDA-approved alternative to BOTOX. It is made from the same form of botulinum Type A toxin and can be used to effectively treat:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Masseter muscle hypertrophy
- Poor jawline definition (Nefertiti Lift)
- Neck lines
- Lines around the lips
Dr. Patel has been recognized as a Presidential Level Injector by Galderma, the makers of Dysport. He has also participated in FDA trials for Dysport. Having helped thousands of patients achieve beautiful results, Dr. Patel has perfected his injection technique and can ensure that your results will look natural, not fake or frozen.
Benefits of Dysport
Developed in the UK in the early 1990s, Dysport has grown increasingly popular because of its ability to successfully treat a variety of neurological and cosmetic conditions. Dysport is ideal for both men and women alike and suitable for younger adults in their 20s and 30s who want to take a preventative approach to anti-aging. When injected by Dr. Patel, an experienced and recognized top injector, you can expect a number of benefits, including:
- Quick treatment time: Sessions usually last between 10 and 15 minutes.
- No downtime: You can return to normal activities right away. Many patients undergo treatment on their lunch breaks then return immediately to work.
- Long-lasting results: Noticeable results usually appear within two to three days and last up to four months.
- Safety: FDA-approved and backed by 25 years of clinical use, Dysport has been proven safe for a multitude of applications.
Dysport also has a very low risk of side effects. While some patients may experience mild swelling, redness or bruising at the injection site, these conditions will quickly subside.
What are the differences between Botox and Dysport?
Both Dysport and BOTOX address fine lines and wrinkles by blocking the nerve impulses that control muscle contraction. The resulting relaxation of muscles and decreased movement reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the targeted area.
The main differences between Dysport and BOTOX are marked by their varying formula characteristics:
- Diffusion: Dysport tends to diffuse more than BOTOX, allowing it to spread to a broader area once it’s been injected.
- Molecule size: The Dysport formula consists of smaller molecules than BOTOX, enabling it to work faster and with greater diffusion.
- Dilution: Dysport is diluted differently than BOTOX, which means that a higher quantity of Dysport is needed to achieve the same results. The price of Dysport typically accounts for this, and the final cost of the two options is usually about the same.
In the end, the choice between Dysport and BOTOX usually comes down to a simple preference. During your consultation, Dr. Patel will discuss all of your treatment options, including Xeomin, and help you determine which wrinkle-relaxer is right for you.
Combination Applications with Dysport
Dysport combines exceptionally well with other dermal fillers, which together can volumize the skin and provide stunning, natural-looking results on the face and neck. Dr. Patel takes a pan-facial approach to skincare and will provide you with a comprehensive treatment recommendation that takes your whole face into account, including the tone and texture of your skin. Ultimately, the decision is always yours and you will never feel rushed or pressured into any treatment.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you live in Miami and would like to learn more about Dysport and our other treatment options, please call Miami Skin and Vein today at 786-618-5039 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Patel. We proudly serve the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables areas of Florida.