Recognized as a safe and effective wrinkle-reversing treatment, FDA-approved Dysport serves as an alternative to Botox, Xeomin and Jeuveau. While working similar to Botox, in many cases, Dysport may provide a quicker result that may also last a little longer then with Botox.
If you would like to experience the beautifying results of Dysport for yourself, please contact Miami Skin and Vein today by completing the form on this page or calling 786-618-5039 to schedule a consultation with our experienced physician, Dr. Shaun Patel. We welcome patients from Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables, Florida.
What Is Dysport?
Formerly known as Reloxin, Dysport is the first FDA-approved alternative to BOTOX. It is made from the same form of botulinum Type A toxin and can be used to effectively treat:
- Frown lines
- Forehead lines
- Crow’s feet
- Masseter muscle hypertrophy
- Poor jawline definition (Nefertiti Lift)
- Neck lines
- Lines around the lips
Loose skin can keep you from looking as young as you feel. You may pull your face back with your fingers when you glance in the mirror or analyze your jawline in photos. Fortunately, we know what causes this cosmetic concern and how to treat it without surgery.
What Causes Loose Skin?
Aging is a leading cause of drooping skin. As you get older, your body produces less collagen and elastin, which are important proteins that help your skin retain its youthful structure, thickness, and firmness. You also begin to lose some of the supporting fat beneath your skin. These changes lead to sagging.
However, age isn’t the only culprit. Several other factors contribute to loose skin, including:
- Sun damage
- Significant weight loss
- Poor nutrition
How Can I Treat Loose Skin?
Miami Skin & Vein offers several effective treatments to tighten loose skin without surgery. These options can give you visible results without the cost, downtime, or incisions associated with cosmetic procedures. However, they are best for mild to moderate cases of sagging skin.
Here are some of the skin tightening services available at our practice:
- Genius RF: Genius radiofrequency microneedling from Lutronic is the device that we use more often than any other when it comes to treating sagging and drooping skin. It combines the proven rejuvenating properties of traditional microneedling with gentle radiofrequency energy to supercharge collagen and elastin production.
- Biostimulatory fillers: Some fillers stop at adding volume beneath the skin. Others go a step further to trigger new collagen growth. The ones in the latter group are known as biostimulatory fillers. Well-loved options such as Sculptra and Radiesse trigger an inflammatory response that boosts collagen and provides a skin-tightening effect.
- Topical skincare: We aren’t talking about the moisturizer you can buy at the drugstore. Medical grade skincare has potent actives and research-backed formulas to help you achieve your complexion goals. For skin tightening, look for ingredients such as retinoids, which increase the production of procollagen and revitalize the skin.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing is a tried and tested method of skin tightening. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing splits up the laser energy for quicker healing, better results, and more customization. We use CO2RE at our practice.
- LaseMD Ultra: LaseMD Ultra by Lutronic is a non-ablative fractional laser. In other words, it provides collagen stimulation without wounding the area.
Am I a Good Candidate for Skin Tightening Treatments?
Skin tightening treatments are a great solution for many patients. If you are dealing with mild to moderate sagging, these popular services can likely create the youthful appearance you desire.
Keep in mind, however, that there is a limit to what you can accomplish without surgery. If your skin droops significantly, then a procedure such as a facelift or a neck lift may be more appropriate. Dr. Shaun Patel can evaluate your area of concern and provide recommendations.
How Long Does a Typical Treatment Take?
Most non-surgical skin tightening treatments can be completed during a short office visit. The exact duration of your appointment will depend on the service(s) you choose and the areas of your face and body that are going to be treated. We can provide a personalized time estimate.
It is important to know that you may need several treatment sessions to achieve the best results. You may also be interested in maintenance appointments to protect your new look.
Find the Best Way to Firm Your Skin
Dr. Shaun Patel is an experienced provider of non-surgical cosmetic services. He will gladly create a comprehensive plan to achieve your goals and maintain your beautiful results.
Schedule a consultation at 786-618-5039 to discuss your skin tightening options. Miami Skin & Vein serves patients from Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and nearby areas of Florida.
Dr. Patel has been recognized as a Presidential Level Injector by Galderma, the makers of Dysport. He has also participated in FDA trials for Dysport. Having helped thousands of patients achieve beautiful results, Dr. Patel has perfected his injection technique and can ensure that your results will look natural, not fake or frozen.
Benefits of Dysport
Developed in the UK in the early 1990s, Dysport has grown increasingly popular because of its ability to successfully treat a variety of neurological and cosmetic conditions. Dysport is ideal for both men and women alike and suitable for younger adults in their 20s and 30s who want to take a preventative approach to anti-aging. When injected by Dr. Patel, an experienced and recognized top injector, you can expect a number of benefits, including:
- Quick treatment time: Sessions usually last between 10 and 15 minutes.
- No downtime: You can return to normal activities right away. Many patients undergo treatment on their lunch breaks then return immediately to work.
- Long-lasting results: Noticeable results usually appear within two to three days and last up to four months.
- Safety: FDA-approved and backed by 25 years of clinical use, Dysport has been proven safe for a multitude of applications.
Dysport also has a very low risk of side effects. While some patients may experience mild swelling, redness or bruising at the injection site, these conditions will quickly subside.
What are the differences between Botox and Dysport?
Both Dysport and BOTOX address fine lines and wrinkles by blocking the nerve impulses that control muscle contraction. The resulting relaxation of muscles and decreased movement reduces the appearance of wrinkles in the targeted area.
The main differences between Dysport and BOTOX are marked by their varying formula characteristics:
- Diffusion: Dysport tends to diffuse more than BOTOX, allowing it to spread to a broader area once it’s been injected.
- Molecule size: The Dysport formula consists of smaller molecules than BOTOX, enabling it to work faster and with greater diffusion.
- Dilution: Dysport is diluted differently than BOTOX, which means that a higher quantity of Dysport is needed to achieve the same results. The price of Dysport typically accounts for this, and the final cost of the two options is usually about the same.
In the end, the choice between Dysport and BOTOX usually comes down to a simple preference. During your consultation, Dr. Patel will discuss all of your treatment options, including Xeomin, and help you determine which wrinkle-relaxer is right for you.
Combination Applications with Dysport
Dysport combines exceptionally well with other dermal fillers, which together can volumize the skin and provide stunning, natural-looking results on the face and neck. Dr. Patel takes a pan-facial approach to skincare and will provide you with a comprehensive treatment recommendation that takes your whole face into account, including the tone and texture of your skin. Ultimately, the decision is always yours and you will never feel rushed or pressured into any treatment.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you live in Miami and would like to learn more about Dysport and our other treatment options, please call Miami Skin and Vein today at 786-618-5039 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Patel. We proudly serve the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Coral Gables areas of Florida.