Injectables & Skin Care Doctors Serving Miami, South Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach & Nearby Florida
Loose skin can keep you from looking as young as you feel. You may pull your face back with your fingers when you glance in the mirror or analyze your jawline in photos. Fortunately, we know what causes this cosmetic concern and how to treat it without surgery.
What Causes Loose Skin?
Aging is a leading cause of drooping skin. As you get older, your body produces less collagen and elastin, which are important proteins that help your skin retain its youthful structure, thickness, and firmness. You also begin to lose some of the supporting fat beneath your skin. These changes lead to sagging.
However, age isn’t the only culprit. Several other factors contribute to loose skin, including:
- Sun damage
- Significant weight loss
- Poor nutrition
How Can I Treat Loose Skin?
Miami Skin & Vein offers several effective treatments to tighten loose skin without surgery. These options can give you visible results without the cost, downtime, or incisions associated with cosmetic procedures. However, they are best for mild to moderate cases of sagging skin.
Here are some of the skin tightening services available at our practice:
- Genius RF: Genius radiofrequency microneedling from Lutronic is the device that we use more often than any other when it comes to treating sagging and drooping skin. It combines the proven rejuvenating properties of traditional microneedling with gentle radiofrequency energy to supercharge collagen and elastin production.
- Biostimulatory fillers: Some fillers stop at adding volume beneath the skin. Others go a step further to trigger new collagen growth. The ones in the latter group are known as biostimulatory fillers. Well-loved options such as Sculptra and Radiesse trigger an inflammatory response that boosts collagen and provides a skin-tightening effect.
- Topical skincare: We aren’t talking about the moisturizer you can buy at the drugstore. Medical grade skincare has potent actives and research-backed formulas to help you achieve your complexion goals. For skin tightening, look for ingredients such as retinoids, which increase the production of procollagen and revitalize the skin.
- Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing: Laser resurfacing is a tried and tested method of skin tightening. Fractional CO2 laser resurfacing splits up the laser energy for quicker healing, better results, and more customization. We use CO2RE at our practice.
- LaseMD Ultra: LaseMD Ultra by Lutronic is a non-ablative fractional laser. In other words, it provides collagen stimulation without wounding the area.
- Thermage® FLX: Thermage FLX is a non-invasive skin tightening treatment that uses radiofrequency energy. Radiofrequency energy gently penetrates the treatment area and heats the collagen-rich layers of the skin.
Am I A Good Candidate For Skin Tightening Treatments?
Skin tightening treatments are a great solution for many patients. If you are dealing with mild to moderate sagging, these popular services can likely create the youthful appearance you desire.
Keep in mind, however, that there is a limit to what you can accomplish without surgery. If your skin droops significantly, then a procedure such as a facelift or a neck lift may be more appropriate. Dr. Shaun Patel can evaluate your area of concern and provide recommendations.
How Long Does A Typical Treatment Take?
Most non-surgical skin tightening treatments can be completed during a short office visit. The exact duration of your appointment will depend on the service(s) you choose and the areas of your face and body that are going to be treated. We can provide a personalized time estimate.
It is important to know that you may need several treatment sessions to achieve the best results. You may also be interested in maintenance appointments to protect your new look.
Find The Best Way To Firm Your Skin
Dr. Shaun Patel is an experienced provider of non-surgical cosmetic services. He will gladly create a comprehensive plan to achieve your goals and maintain your beautiful results.
Schedule a consultation at 786-618-5039 to discuss your skin tightening options. Miami Skin & Vein serves patients from Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and nearby areas of Florida.