Collagen is an essential protein that keeps our skin smooth and strong. Our bodies produce collagen naturally; however, the amount decreases about 1% each year after we turn 20. This decrease is linked to the development of fine lines, deep wrinkles, and other skin concerns.
Are you wondering how to restore lost collagen for a younger and more vibrant complexion? Miami Skin & Vein offers many treatments that can help stimulate collagen growth, including:
- Sculptra: Sculptra Aesthetic is a unique dermal filler that encourages collagen production using poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA). It delivers a long-lasting boost in volume.
- Microneedling: Microneedling is a leading method of improving the quantity and quality of collagen in your skin. In fact, it’s known as transcutaneous collagen induction therapy. You can even take your treatment to the next level by adding platelet-rich plasma (PRP).
- Genius RF: If you’re interested in traditional microneedling but want something a bit more high-tech, consider Lutronic Genius RF Microneedling. It incorporates radiofrequency energy to gently heat the treatment area for skin rejuvenation.
- Skin resurfacing lasers: Many laser devices work by activating your skin’s natural healing process. As your skin works to repair itself, it creates fresh new collagen. You can choose from mild options like Clear + Brilliant or a deeper setting on CO2RE™.
- Skin care products: We’re not talking about the toner you can find at the drugstore. Medical-grade products from ZO Skin Health, such as the Growth Factor Serum and Retinol Skin Brightener, can increase the production of collagen. Meanwhile, EltaMD sunscreens can help prevent early skin aging while reducing the risk of skin cancer.
There are also ways to protect the collagen that you already have. Eat a healthy diet, avoid smoking, stay away from tanning beds, and adopt other skin-supporting lifestyle habits.
Start Building Your Treatment Plan
We make it easy to find the right services for your skin. Dr. Shaun Patel believes in creating an in-depth anti-aging plan that will support your current and future goals instead of booking one-off appointments. Schedule a consultation at 786-618-5039 today to get started. Miami Skin & Vein serves Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and nearby areas of Florida.