Home » Services » Vein Treatments »
Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT)
Laser varicose vein treatment with the VenaCure EVLT procedure
Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT) is a minimally invasive option for improvement in varicose veins. The success rate is high, and clinical results are impressive. No general anesthesia or surgery is required. In many medical practices, EVLT is the “gold standard” preferred treatment for varicose veins.
For treatment, the doctor uses ultrasound to create a precise map of the diseased vein. Local anesthetic is applied, and a small incision is made in the leg. A thin laser fiber is inserted into the damaged varicose vein. The tip of the fiber emits laser light, which heats the vein wall causing it to constrict and close off. The body naturally re-routes blood through normal, healthy deep veins in the leg, while the varicose vein remains closed.
EVLT is far less painful than traditional surgical vein stripping, and it has rendered those procedures virtually obsolete. Laser varicose vein treatment is performed on an outpatient basis at our Coral Gables vein clinic in Miami. Some patients experience soreness or swelling after the procedure, but it is mild and temporary. Walking is encouraged right after treatment and most are able to return to normal daily activities quickly.
Benefits of the VenaCure EVLT procedure include:
- Brief treatment time – usually less than an hour.
- Minimal scarring.
- Most insurance plans cover the VenaCure procedure.
- Normal activity can be resumed right away, with little or no pain. Patients typically manage any residual discomfort easily with over-the-counter analgesics.
- Varicose vein symptoms are relieved immediately.
- The success rate is up to 98 percent.
- There is no need for general anesthesia or a hospital stay.
- Treatment is performed discreetly at the Miami Skin & Vein clinic in the Coral Gable are of Miami.
The doctors at Miami Skin & Vein know that your legs, your veins, and your lifestyle are unique. They are pleased to offer a range of options for the treatment of varicose veins, to create a customized approach just for you. Take the first step toward improved appearance and comfort with a call to (786) 509-4055. Or make an appointment with Dr. Shaun Patel
or Dr. Michael Nguyen
using our convenient online scheduling.