We all want to have a more youthful appearance, which can be achieved with the help of injectable wrinkle relaxers. At Miami Skin and Vein, we offer several injectable options for reducing the muscle contractions that cause wrinkles.
Here is a breakdown of the similarities and differences, including the:
- Formula: BOTOX and Dysport both contain the active ingredient botulinum toxin type A. Dysport is comprised of smaller molecules, which may allow it to work faster and diffuse more.
- Treatment areas: The two injectable treatments can both be used to improve a variety of aesthetic concerns across the entire face, as well as excessive sweating and masseter muscle hypertrophy.
- Units needed: More units of Dysport are required to achieve the same results as BOTOX because Dysport is diluted differently.
- Results: The end results are very similar regardless of if you choose BOTOX or Dysport. The skill of your injector is what makes the biggest difference when it comes to achieving beautiful, natural-looking results.
- Cost: The price of Dysport per unit is lower than BOTOX, though more units are required. The cost per treatment area is the same at our clinic.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Dr. Shaun Patel is an experienced injector who can help determine if Dysport or BOTOX is right for you. Please call 786-618-5039 to schedule your consultation. We welcome patients from Miami, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, and nearby areas of Florida.