Many people turn to plastic surgery to correct their cosmetic concerns. After all, these procedures can remove excess fat, tighten loose skin, add flattering definition, and achieve other aesthetic goals. However, the cost, discomfort, and recovery aren’t for everyone.
Here are some highly effective non-surgical alternatives to popular plastic surgery procedures, including:
- Facelift: A facelift is a popular way to reverse the visible signs of aging. However, a non-surgical facelift using Thermage® or Ultherapy® can also create a more youthful appearance. These services lift and tighten loose, saggy, and wrinkled skin. Best of all, you can choose to have them performed on your face and neck for the most comprehensive results.
- Submental liposuction: Excess fat on the lower face is a common concern. Often referred to as a double chin, submental fat can accumulate even if you eat well and exercise regularly. Fortunately, Kybella® injections can be used in place of liposuction to eliminate stubborn fat cells and reveal a slimmer jawline. However, they can’t treat very large pockets of extra fat.
- Upper blepharoplasty: Your eyelids are one of the first areas to wrinkle and droop with age. Rather than having an upper blepharoplasty, consider Thermage® FLX. Powered by radiofrequency energy that gently warms the area to increase collagen production, Thermage FLX can tighten your skin without incisions.
- Lower blepharoplasty: Lower blepharoplasty isn’t the only way to refresh your under-eyes. Tear trough fillers are a good alternative that can camouflage various concerns. Skillfully placed fillers can soften the appearance of hollows and bags. It’s important to seek out an experienced provider for this delicate treatment area.
- Eyebrow lift: Ultherapy uses ultrasound technology to stimulate collagen production and tighten loose skin. When administered to the upper face, Ultherapy can elevate low eyebrows.
- Rhinoplasty: A liquid nose job uses fillers to temporarily mimic the results of nose surgery. However, a liquid nose job has limitations and should mainly be used to soften a dorsal nasal hump and to raise the tip. Dr. Shaun Patel doesn’t perform liquid nose jobs on patients with prior rhinoplasty since the vascular anatomy may be distorted, and there is a higher risk of complications.
- Tummy tuck: Tummy tuck surgery is a common way to address loose skin after pregnancy and significant weight loss. Fortunately, a combination of Sculptra® Aesthetic, Thermage, and topical skincare can improve abdominal skin laxity in its place. It’s important to keep in mind that non-surgical services can’t repair separated or torn abdominal muscles.
- Scar revision: Surgical scar revision removes excess scar tissue and repositions the incision. If you want to avoid this procedure, you can still get good results from laser treatments.
Get Personalized Recommendations Today
Non-surgical services can be a great way to look your best without committing to an invasive procedure. Of course, your exact treatment plan will vary depending on the type and severity of your cosmetic concerns.
Schedule a consultation with our skilled aesthetic provider Dr. Shaun Patel at 786-618-5039 to learn which services are right for you. Miami Skin and Vein proudly welcomes patients from Miami, Coral Gables, and nearby areas of Florida.